Saturday, October 27, 2007

Why I Love This Game...

Played almost perfect poker for four hours yesterday, and then made two bad decisions on the same hand, and busted out in 36th place, or, two tables away from the money. It's always amazed me that these things can happen. The need to constantly focus on what you're doing, as well as what is going on around you, is never more apparent than at the late stages of a tournament.

I can justify my bad decisions with simply this, after being chip leader at one table, I was moved to a table where after being card dead for three orbits, as well as being short stacked by this time with the blinds about to go up, I limped in with AJo. First mistake. The second one came when I called the all in of the player two to my right, who ended up with AQ. And I did not improve :(

Ok, so, what have we learned? Limping is for the weak, that's why they call it limping. Being short stacked at this point I had two moves: All in or Fold. And clearly, AJo is not a good starting hand, at least, not this time.

No comments: